October 21, 2011

SUNNY YELLOW NAILS!

The color I have been wearing for the past two days is Catrice's 010 Don't feed the birds. It's definitely not expensive and you get 10 ml/0.34 fl.oz of beautiful canary bird yellow color. The fact that this reminds me of canary birds is the reason why I drew one on my hand in Photoshop. I know it's silly. Forgive me. :)


I don't like this nail polish. I do like the color, but I hate the pigmentation. I actually needed 5 layers of polish to get the real out-of-the-bottle-color to show up. You know what that means? 5-10 minutes of drying between each layer - and that sucks. With one or two layers your nails will look like you've been smoking for 50 years, no joke. After three layers I added two more to get the color from the photo above.


And since I had to put on five layers of it, it's not fair to compare these results to the ones from Essence's nail polish. That's why I most likely won't be posting the 5 day experiment photos, of course it won't wear off as fast as some other nail polish of which I only needed 2 layers. I really really really don't like getting sheer nail polishes after being so excited about the bright color that's in the bottle.



12 comments:

  1. Znam da je taj catrice težak za sušenje, ali 5 slojeva, uhh...svaka ti čast na strpljenju!

    Ali ovako dobra fotografija može izvući svaku manikuru, ma kako nezadovoljavajući bio lak :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divna nijansa, žao mi je što nema kod mene u gradu Catrice-a. Šteta zboj toga što mu toliko slojeva treba. Kanarinac odličan! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. tvoje su fotke fantastične :-D
    imam i ja ovoga, staro izdanje... ista stvar, preproziran :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. to je meni inače slučaj sa svim žutim lakovima ( u svim žutim nijansama), ljetos sam kupila neon žuti i ista stvar, pola godine dok se osuši :D a kanarinac je baš sladak :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pih, divna boja, ali šta vredi kada treba toliko slojeva. Ja dobijem iz dva sloja jako lepu žutu sa Avonovim lakom :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. obozavam kako imas super ideje za slicice noktiju :) ovo mi je savrseno :) i kanarinac je bas lep, kao i noktici :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sve je fenomenalno, svaka čast na trudu :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jao, meni je slicica preslatka! ;)
    Volim zute lakove i bas imam jedan u slicnoj nijansi i ne treba ti 5 slojeva, vec dva, a mozda cak i jedan ;)
    Nije mi tu bocica trenutno pa cu ti sutra poslati na mail proizvodjaca i nijansu ako zelis :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful color! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha kanarinac ti je super :)
    Ja sam jedan S-he (i baš je bio žuti) lakirala 5 puta i popoizdila da prostiš.. Živjeli lakovi koji odrade posao sa 2 sloja najviše :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your site, love it, love it, LOVE IT!! And I can not get over this post with the drawn in canary!! Looks like "Mary Poppins!" LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment in any language! (I speak Croatian, English, German & French)