December 7, 2014

ESSIE SHEARLING DARLING

This week has been somewhat of a nightmare. Not because something bad happened, no, but because next week is the actual nightmare. Two exams, two presentations. Doing my nails and blogging about them is the only break that I allow myself to take to relax for a while and close the books for a short time.




I am really getting used to this oval/round nail shape. I have been told that it looks much better on my hands than "squoval" nails do. Yep, squoval, it's an actual term for between-square-and-oval nails. Dark nail colors really suit oval/round shaped nails, and they're especially fitting for fall and winter. I paired Essie's Shearling Darling, a rich, ebony raid, with a golden topper by Essence called 67 Make it golden.

You might remember this golden topper from ages ago - literally 2011 - when I featured it in my post about my very first glitter nails. I stumbled upon this little guy whilst digging through my big nail polish box looking for nail scissors. But, having said that, I don't even know if this shade is in stores anymore. Mine is almost 3 years old now and I haven't applied it enough to need a new bottle. I'll start wearing it more often, especially with Shearling Darling.

I consider these two a perfect match.

13 comments:

  1. Slažem se :-) Zajedno su baš perfect ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. prekrasne fotke i manikura :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks beautiful! what do you think about the quality of Essence nail polishes? I am looking for a good, affordable nail polish with glitter but somehow I am afraid to try Essence.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their glitter nail polishes are really good, they tend to stay on much longer than their regular line. I don't like their regular nail polishes much, they chip incredibly quickly. But you also don't pay much, so it's not such a bad thing.

      Delete
    2. I don't like the regular line as well. But I guess I will have to try the glitter ones :) Thanks!

      Delete
  4. imam sličan lak na noktima sad, i upravo sam dodala i taj zlatni na prstenjake :) hehe hvalaa na ideji!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Savršena kombinacija! Shearling darling ide na shopping listu ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. bas jesu perfect match! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment in any language! (I speak Croatian, English, German & French)